chatbots for shopify
When it comes to online sales, chat is an effective means for customers to find answers while shopping. After all, they are already online and can chat with little effort, and they generally don’t have to endure the hold times sometimes associated with a phone call, nor wait for an email response. This yields some powerful results, which you could also achieve for your eCommerce business, by utilising our specially developed chatbot for Shopify, B4E:
• There is a 10% increase in average order value for customers who chat prior to making a purchase, a 48% increase in revenue per chat hour, and a 40% conversion rate. (Source: Forrester)
• Website shoppers who utilize chat are worth 4.5x as much as those who do not chat. (Source: Boldchat)
• The boost in sales performance provided by live chat is heavily influenced by a sales-friendly demographic. Internet shoppers are more likely to be from a household making more than $50,000 per year, more likely to be frequent shoppers, and far more likely to spend more per year than other shoppers. (Source: Boldchat)
The benefits of using a chatbot on your Shopify store are vast, including:
• Save time – A messenger bot will be able to respond to recurring customer service questions like “where is my order?” The B4E framework is designed to offer “customer self-service support” by using the customer chat in combination with a well-designed messenger bot main menu that allows users to find what they are looking for ideally in 2 to 3 clicks. If the messenger bot could only save you 1 hr a day, 7 hours a week, 28 hours per month, what would that mean for you? What would you do with those hours? Work on your business vs in your business?
• Become less reliant on just one or two revenue sources – Do not ever come into a situation where your business is relying too much on one revenue stream. What if Facebook or Google, or Amazon shuts you down tomorrow? It happens!! How will you keep driving traffic and revenue? Having all your eggs in one basket is a huge risk for the continuity of any business. The B4E framework enables a business to build and segment owned lists in SMS and Email, which can be used 24/7 365 days a year for any broadcast. Having access to carefully built and segmented owned lists is like having an insurance policy, allowing the business to diversify and scale its income streams.
• Improve conversion rates, increase repeat sales and boost loyalty – Customers buy from companies that offer live chat. Kayako, a Help Desk Software company, found that nearly 4 in 10 consumers say they’re more likely to buy from companies that offer live chat. Just offering live chat alone means that 38% of consumers are more inclined to do business with you. The bottom line is that customers want to buy from people who value their time and concern. They want to work with businesses that create an effortless experience for customers. Offering live chat support is a telltale sign that a company is committed to their customers. Think about this from a consumer perspective vs a business perspective. From which shop would you buy again? The one that offered support via relevant channels or the one that didn’t take that extra step to improve the experience.
• Improve conversion rates by creating truly relevant and personalised marketing campaigns using an omnichannel approach – Due to the conversational nature of a messenger bot, it is relatively easy to create segments of your customers and prospects. These segments should be used to deliver highly personalised and relevant content to these customers via channels like email, SMS, Messenger, Facebook Ads and more!
Would you like to find out more about how chatbots can help drive revenue, increase brand loyalty and improve your customer service experience for your Shopify store? Talk to us!